This week, we’ve launched the Buymyupgrade app. We created this tool to make it easier than ever to find British Airways Reward Flights.
Destinations like the Caribbean, Far East, Australia and US West Coast can be notoriously hard to find availability for. But in my experience, reward seats are always floating around, it’s just a case of developing a sixth sense for finding them.
At any given time, there’s around 2 million seats available for Book or Upgrade with Avios. Our app displays these seats in an easy to use calendar view.
The app is designed for 3 main purposes:
- To show you a whole year in one view and easily see which routes have the highest availability.
- To help you find last-minute upgrades for flights you have booked.
- To give you actionable tips and tricks for finding and enjoying more Business & First Class travel.
So you’ve signed up and want to find flights?
- Simply select an origin point and a destination from the airport selector.
- The app will load the flights for that route.
- Select a cabin and the calendar will show which days have availability for the cabin selected. The darker the blue colour on a calendar day means more seats in your selected cabin.
- Note that the app only shows Avios seat availability.
Booking the flights
You should book your flights direct with British Airways or your chosen carrier. This can be done via their website just like any normal booking.
We have guides for some of these workflows here:
Upgrading a BA Ticket after purchase. (Coming soon)
Use the Buymyupgrade app to become a reward seat ninja. If you’re using the app you know which routes have the most availability. It’s easy to recognise patterns, for example – First Class seats often show up within 30 days prior to travel. Use this data to your advantage and bag as many upgrades as you can.